The Explorer 650 is our answer to the question: What if we designed the Danner Light today? As one of our oldest and dearest boots, the Danner Light led the outdoor industry in innovation in 1979, as the first piece of footwear to feature a GORE-TEX liner. Decades later, we're taking that same drive for technical innovation and starting fresh, applying all we’ve learned since then. Integrating new technology from top to bottom, the Explorer 650 is a multi-use, seven-day-a-week hiker that exudes our performance heritage aesthetic in paying homage to the Danner Light. It’s the perfect evolution of a timeless hiking boot.
- Suede and nylon upper
- Danner Dry waterproof protection
- Removable Ortholite footbed for maximum cushioning
- Vibram SPE midsole for maximum rebound, comfort and support
- Exposed TPU shank for support
- Custom Vibram Excape outsole with Megagrip technology for superior grip on wet and dry surfaces