If you have to walk through metal detectors on the way to work, then you might consider Bates Men's GX-8 Desert Composite Toe Side Zip Boots. The protective composite toe contains no metal, like a steel toe boot, and won't set off the metal detector. Don't worry about lower quality. These composite toe boots are ASTM F2413-11 rated and pass the standards required to protect your feet. That means, the composite toe can withstand impacts and compression just as well as steel toe.
The boots do more than protect your feet while you work. The leather upper is water-resistant and the rubber outsole is slip-resistant so you won't worry on wet surfaces. They also contain a mesh lining that lets your feet breath so you don't sweat. The type of cement used in professional athletic shoes connects the boot and outsole for lasting wear.
For comfort and easy wear, the boots have a removable soft insert. Once one wears out, just slip in a new one. Slip the boots on-and-off easily with the nylon side zipper. You won't waste time lacing up the boots. The stain-resistant leather means your boots will continue to look new for a long time.
- Boot height: 8 inches
- Composite toe meets ASTM F2413-11 ratings
- Electrical hazard meets ASTM 2413-11 EH rating
- Wolverine Warrior pig skin leather with 1,680-denier nylon upper
- 3M Scotchgard protection provides oil, dirt and water stain resistant upper
- Non-metallic- Airport friendly
- Cement construction for durable hold
- Rubber outsole with slip-resistant grooves
- Removable insert
- YKK Nylon zipper for easy off-and-on wear
- Mesh lining lets your feet breath