- Size Chart
Bates Men's Gx-8 Desert Comp. Toe Zip Boot # E02276BAT
If you have to walk through metal detectors on the way to work, then you might consider Bates Men's GX-8 Desert Composite Toe Side Zip Boots. The protective composite toe contains no metal, like a steel toe boot, and won't set off the metal detector. Don't worry about lower quality. These composite toe boots are ASTM F2413-11 rated and pass the standards required to protect your feet. That means, the composite toe can withstand impacts and compression just as well as steel toe.
The boots do more than protect your feet while you work. The leather upper is water-resistant and the rubber outsole is slip-resistant so you won't worry on wet surfaces. They also contain a mesh lining that lets your feet breath so you don't sweat. The type of cement used in professional athletic shoes connects the boot and outsole for lasting wear.
For comfort and easy wear, the boots have a removable soft insert. Once one wears out, just slip in a new one. Slip the boots on-and-off easily with the nylon side zipper. You won't waste time lacing up the boots. The stain-resistant leather means your boots will continue to look new for a long time.
- Boot height: 8 inches
- Composite toe meets ASTM F2413-11 ratings
- Electrical hazard meets ASTM 2413-11 EH rating
- Wolverine Warrior pig skin leather with 1,680-denier nylon upper
- 3M Scotchgard protection provides oil, dirt and water stain resistant upper
- Non-metallic- Airport friendly
- Cement construction for durable hold
- Rubber outsole with slip-resistant grooves
- Removable insert
- YKK Nylon zipper for easy off-and-on wear
- Mesh lining lets your feet breath
Fit is an essential ingredient in footwear. Properly fit Bates shoes and boots will be comfortable to wear right out of the box; they don't need to be "broken in." There are few simple guidelines that if followed can make the process easy:
- Tap your heel back in the heel cup and lace the boot. The boot should feel snug across the ball, around the instep, and in the heel. The arch should be comfortably supported and the toes should be free to wiggle and curl.
- The toes should not jam into the front of the boot. Check this by lightly tapping the toe of the boot into the floor. If the boot fits correctly, the toes should gently touch the end of the boot.
- You'll only see brands with the highest reputation for quality, durability, and comfort
- We carefully screen individual styles for real-life, pro-grade performance
- You get great value for your dollar; You'll never feel cheated!